1. Don’t make him your everything and lose yourself in the process. Guys don’t like being suffocated and depended on for everything so you shouldn’t drop your friends, your hobbies and the things that made you you- it’s these things that made him like you in the first place.
2. Don’t be too moody or nag him too much. If you have a problem, calmly bring it up and then learn to let go. Trust him and the way he feels about you.
3. Don’t tell him you love him every 5 minutes. Girls love being told how a guy feels, they like hearing sweet words and compliments but guys aren’t like this. They want to maintain their masculinity even if they are in love. Save those three special words for special moments.
4. Stay adventurous. The reason we all have honeymoon periods is because the first month or two of dating is totally new and exciting. If you do the same things, go to the same places and have the same kind of bedroom fun all the time, it becomes routine and the spark dies out.
5. Be flirty. Flirting is not only about getting a guy’s interest, it’s about keeping it. Flirting, being seductive, teasing and keeping some form of sexual banter makes things more fun and exciting for the both of you.
6. Make him feel like a man. Men always need an ego boost every now and again, but don’t overdo it with the compliments because they may eventually find it to be too much.
7. Don’t be too clingy, especially in public. Guys like their space, they don’t always want to hold hands or have their girl up in their face all the time. The whole world doesn’t need to know you’re a couple and you don’t want to risk looking desperate trying to keep him. Just relax and enjoy the conversation and what you’re doing rather than trying to maintain physical contact non-stop.
8. Be confident with yourself and look fabulous. Look good for you, pamper yourself and feel pretty. Nothing keeps a man interested more than confidence.
9. Share hobbies. Do things he likes to do as well as what you like. It can’t always be about watching rom-coms; try doing things he enjoys, even if it involves playing video games you don’t like, or try and find new things you like doing together.
10. Be good friends. The best relationships are when you’re friends, lovers and in love. Having that partner means being there for them.